Version 1.2 is officially out!
After a bad review by user regis on Firefox marketplace, I set off to attempt and find and fix the issues that was causing VCFPorter to crash. Since the issue happened when importing VCFs from ownCloud (a use-case I definitely didn’t see coming), I looked into OwnCloud’s VCF files and what their basic included fields looked like. They were more involved than I was expecting, and so some of the field generated errors in the parsing code from v1.1. As such, this release is mainly a bugfix release (as possibly every release will be )
- Complete more of the VCF spec properly, added support for the following VCARD fields:
- Added basic deploy instructions to README
While this version is a step in the right direction, I still need to flush out the following things:
- Add proper unit tests and cover the ownCloud VCF fixtures(!!!)
- Add some sort of error support screen for the parser with the option to email issue error message to creator (me)
- Properly implement the complete VCF spec
There’s still a lot todo, but as I am tied up with some other projects, I may take a little bit to get these issues properly fixed.