So today, I ran into a problem that I’m pretty surprised that I haven’t run into before. Using Org-Mode in Emacs, I was unable to use the keybinding for insert-heading to insert a new heading. The keybinding is M- but for some reason, when I pressed those magical keys, no new heading was created, just an indented newline. These changes lead me to making some modifications to the ~/.Xdefaults file in my home directory, which I thought would be the perfect thing to save up on configr.
Well, somehow with all the testing I did on the local build, a part of the code I haven’t given thought to for weeks has broken everything in production!Luckily I was able to find the problem, but there is no doubt that a lot of people visited the site and nothing worked as it was supposed to. For that, I apologize. The ease of using the demo account and registering/using the service was something I prided myself on, but I totally failed at that with the 0.
It’s a little weird to be actively working on a project and not be sure of the userbase, but I figured I should make at least a blog post about the updates I’ve been working on for my super simple service Configr.io! I’m happy to announce the release of a bunch of updates to Configr.io that were requested/sorely needed! During the days since configr.io launched, I’ve been working to add features, and fix bugs that were present, and those efforts have culminated in Confgir.
So every once in a while I shuffle around configurations that should be default (for the way I use things). One of these such configurations is my Emacs configurations files, as well as bashrc scripts or other useful scripts that I like to log around. I thought to myself that it would be great if a dead-simple service thought it would be a good idea to store these files for me, so that when I’m at a console without an x-server, or just don’t want to go hunt for files, I could easily remember a URL and either download some, or all of my configuration files and small scripts.