Revisiting E2E Testing With Tape (on a new project)

Expanding my `tape` E2E testing methodology with some new tooling

vados

11 minute read

tl;dr I extend my UI component unit/integration testing methodology to do E2E tests. Look at the code, I basically add lots of nice context-setter-upper functions (that’s the official term) that makes it work and make it relatively clean. As hinted-to at the end (PS) of my previous post, recently after attempting (and succeeding, mostly) to set up full E2E testing in the backend of a haskell app I’m writing, I decided to switch to writing the tests in JS land (instead of Haskell land) due to some lack of library support for PhantomJS/Selenium.

End To End Testing With Hspec (Almost)

Setting up E2E testing with HSpec and PhantomJS.

vados

10 minute read

tl;dr While the setup works, the most mature haskell library for dealing with webdrivers that I could find wasn’t able to keep up with the changes in Selenium Webdriver :(. Skim through the post to check out the relevant code snippets and tech that made it all (almost) work. If you’re not familiar with Haskell, check it out. This isn’t an introductory type post so it might not be for you, but the language is amazing.

Switching from Mocha to Tape and testing E2E

Switching from Mocha to Tape, Seeing if the E2E methodology holds up

vados

5 minute read

Switching from Mocha to Tape & testing E2E Before reading this post, it might make sense to check out my previous posts on the topic: Part 1 - Unit testing with JSPM, Mocha, and Vue.js Part 2 - More testing with JSPM, Mocha, and Vue.js Part 3 - Testing the DOM Part 4 - Switching from mocha to tape BONUS Want to see it all working? Check out the gitlab repo with a fully-built example

Testing DOM with Mocha, part 3

Getting DOM-level testing working with VueJS components & Mocha

9 minute read

Doing DOM-level tests with Mocha & VueJS (part 3…ish) Before reading this post, it might be helpful to check out my previous (or other) posts on the topic: Part 1 - Unit testing with JSPM, Mocha, and Vue.js Part 2 - More testing with JSPM, Mocha, and Vue.js Part 3 - Testing the DOM Part 4 - Switching from mocha to tape BONUS Want to see it all working?

vados

3 minute read

Testing with Mocha and JSPM (and SystemJS), continued So after messing with my testing set up for a while, I found that there was a little more setup required to get my components to test properly with mocha. tldr; some more setup is required to get the code in the previous blog post to work properly, check it out below: Multi-part blog post alert This is a multi-part blog-post!

Unit testing with JSPM (SystemJS), mocha and vue.js

A quick-start guide to testing with JSPM (SystemJS), mocha and vue.js

vados

2 minute read

Testing with Mocha and JSPM (and SystemJS) While vue offers a decent starting point for testing in it’s guide, I found the guide a little lacking in actual how-to. Also, one of my favorite javascript testing tools is mocha, and the specifics on how to integrate it (or jspm for that matter) are not on the site. Of course, it’s not the vue.js team’s job to integrate everyone’s tooling with vue.